HOWTO update the P5 software on an ARDIS DDP device
Posted by Andre Kuehnemund, Last modified by Andre Kuehnemund on 09 August 2019 16:07
On an Ardis DDP device (http://www.dynamicdrivepool.com/), P5 is installed under /tmp/avfs-dbase/aw. To update the P5 software, download the current Linux installer(https://p5.archiware.com/download), then follow these instructions.
The examples assume the DDP uses IP address 192.168.222.88 and the P5 version to be installed is 5.1.6. Please adjust as needed.
IMPORTANT: It is highly recommended to make a backup copy of the current 'aw' folder before updating the software!!!
1. Copy the awpst5xx.tgz installer from your workstation to the DDP, e.g.: scp ./Downloads/awpst516.tgz email@example.com:
2. Open a secure shell connection to the DDP, e.g.: ssh firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Copy the P5 installer to the P5 installation folder, e.g.: cp /root/awpst516.tgz /tmp/avfs-dbase/aw/
4. Change to P5 install folder: cd /tmp/avfs-dbase/aw/
5. Stop P5: ./stop-server
6. Extract installer files: tar zxvf awpst516.tgz
7. Start P5: ./start-server , wait for success message
8. Login to P5 running on the DDP by going to http://[DDPs_IP_address]:8000/login
ardis linux dynamic drive pool