Migrating to a new Virtual Jukebox
Posted by Sven Koester, Last modified by Sven Koester on 07 September 2020 18:20
The Virtual Jukebox in P5 holds the path where the data is stored on the disk. |
In versions up to 5.3, each P5 volume was represented by a single file. In newer versions,
volumes are represented as folder structures with multiple files.
In case volumes (folders representing the virtual tapes) shall be migrated to another disk, follow these steps:
That's it, the volumes are now on the new Jukebox.
- Make sure there are no jobs active in P5 that affect the jukebox or the affected virtual tapes
- Copy or move the complete virtual jukebox, i.e. the folder configured to hold the data, to the new drive (from outside P5, e.g. with a file manager).
- Delete the old Jukebox (in case it is no longer needed or in case the license is required for the new jukebox).
- Create the new Jukebox on the destination path.
- Start an inventory command from the Jukebox Manager Menu: Edit -> Inventory Jukebox
Two points that may be worth mentioning:
- When deleting a jukebox in PresSTORE, the data files and the according virtual tapes in PresSTORE remain unchanged.
- When migrating to a jukebox with a different volume size, the data files are adjusted to the new size when they are recycled.