Migrating to a new Virtual Jukebox
Posted by Sven Koester, Last modified by Andre Kuehnemund on 10 May 2011 12:04
The Virtual Jukebox in PresSTORE holds the path where the data is stored on the disk. |
In case the data files (the virtual tapes) shall be migrated to another disk, follow these steps:
That's it, the volumes are now on the new Jukebox.
- Make sure there are no jobs active in PresSTORE that affect the jukebox or the affected virtual tapes
- Copy or move the data files to the new drive (from outside PresSTORE, e.g. with a file manager).
- Delete the old Jukebox (in case it is no longer needed or in case the license is required for the new jukebox).
- Create the new Jukebox on the destination path.
- Start an inventory command from the Jukebox Manager Menu: Edit -> Inventory Jukebox
Two points that may be worth mentioning:
- When deleting a jukebox in PresSTORE, the data files and the according virtual tapes in PresSTORE remain unchanged.
- When migrating to a jukebox with a different volume size, the data files are adjusted to the new size when they are recycled.