St Bernard Open File Manager
Posted by Sven Koester, Last modified by Andre Kuehnemund on 22 July 2011 12:37
On Windows operating systems, open files are skipped by PresSTORE Version 2 during backup or synchronize because these files cannot be opened in parallel. |
The Open File Manager from St Bernard Software overcomes that, even enhancing existing frameworks like the Windows Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS). Read more about the Open File Manager at
At the current beeing, the required agent for PresSTORE V2 is not yet included in the Open File Manager distribution.
Please follow these steps to enable the communcation between the Open File Manager and PresSTORE:
In addition to the above steps, please make sure that the following files are excluded from the OFM management:
- Download the file ofmnt01.agt form our Web server at http://s3.amazonaws.com/PresSTORE_Downloads/ofmnt01.agt
- Open the Ope File Manager console on the machine where the OFM driver is required
- If in SYNC mode, select UNSYNC
- STOP OFM. Right click on the machine and select Stop
- Reboot the Machine.
- Replace the OFM Agent File.
- Make a backup of the existing file file OFMNT0?.AGT
- copy the OFMNT0?.AGT file to C:\Program Files\St Bernard Software\OFM\NT directory ... replace the old one.
- Go to the GUI and right click on the machine and select Install. If prompted, choose to overwrite the Configuration files.
- Start OFM.
- The PresSTORE directory c:\progam files \ARCHIWARE\PresSTORE including all subdirectories
- Directories where a PresSTORE Virtual Jukebox resides
- Directories used as target for a Synchronize in PresSTORE, including all directories.